Thursday, October 30, 2008

Obama's Aunt Found Living in Rundown Boston Neighborhood

hoping for change

From Fox News:

Zeituni Onyango, the aunt so affectionately described in Obama's best-selling memoir "Dreams From My Father," lives in a disabled-access flat on a rundown public housing estate in South Boston...

[snip]

Speaking outside her home in Flaherty Way, South Boston, on Tuesday, Onyango, 56, confirmed she was the "Auntie Zeituni" in Obama's memoir. She declined to answer most other questions about her relationship with the presidential contender until after the November 4 election.

"I can't talk about it, I just pray for him, that's all," she said, adding: "After the 4th, I can talk to anyone."


What an odd thing to say. It's as if somebody told her not to say anything until after the 4th. She didn't say she doesn't want to talk about it, or she won't talk about it. She said she can't talk about it.

I don't know if Obama wants to keep this woman from talking to reporters or not. Maybe he even found it in his heart to give her a little bit of his money after all this time? I wouldn't put it past him.

Or, maybe she is just proud of her nephew and doesn't want to hinder his progress. I mean, let's keep it real here, I would be proud of him if he were in my family. Say what you want about him, but don't deny that he has "reached the big time".

Perhaps the American Media could stop following Joe the Plumber around and check up on it, that's all I'm saying. You did notice that it was the Times of London who broke this story, right?



Update: She's here illegally. Anyone surprised?

Template provided by Webtalks