Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Carl The Tooth Williams Retires

i knew this sounded familiar

Saw this on Fox News today.

In the past five years he has put together a particularly impressive losing streak, failing to win in 88 successive bouts. He has lost to 42 future world, European, British and Commonwealth champions, including Naseem Hamed, and has fought more bouts than any other boxer in the world. But this one, No 300, will be his last.

"I've had my eye on the 300 mark for a while, and it's a little milestone I want to achieve, but I don't want to fight on," he said. "People keep saying to me that I'll get a call in a few weeks' time offering me a fight and I'll say yes, but I mean it when I say this is it."


It reminded me of an In Living Color skit. Thanks to the magic of the internet and the good people at YouTube, you can see it for yourself.



Speaking of boxing, I found this while searching for the article above. Ricky Hatton is my favorite boxer but I tuned out for awhile after he lost to Floyd Mayweather, that is why the article is a little old.

"It's a strange one, isn't it?" Hatton said. "Father and son is a very touchy subject and we'd have to cross that bridge when we come to it. He's of the opinion that Floyd Jr. has forgotten that his dad helped him to get there. But he didn't harp on about it and I'm not going to ask too many questions."

The 55-year-old Mayweather was more forthcoming about where he'd focus his loyalty.

"Does Floyd give me any money?" he asked. "That answers your question about who I will train."


Interesting turn of events here. I think Hatton would eat PacMan for breakfast, but might have trouble with De La Hoya.

Template provided by Webtalks