Thursday, October 23, 2008

McCain Supporter Robbed, Assaulted at Pittsburgh ATM - UPDATE: LIE

bunch of savages in this town

I'm a terrible blogger. I live in Pittsburgh and I had to hear this story from someone who blogs in Texas. Thanks, Rachel.

A knife-wielding man robbed a McCain-Palin campaign volunteer and etched a “B” into her face after he saw a McCain bumper sticker on the woman’s car, Pittsburgh police said



There are a bunch of savages in this town. Granted, this may turn out to be bogus, but I'm not going to dismiss it outright because it is definitely plausible.

I'm not one hundred percent sure what part of Bloomfield this was. There is a distinctive line on Penn Avenue. There aren't any signs marking it, but it is there nonetheless. You are cruising along, thinking to yourself, "This looks like a nice enough area", and then BAM! Ghetto. The storefronts go from tidy to boarded up in the blink of an eye. Not many McCain/Palin posters around there. The streets are pretty much laid out like this: bar, laundry mat, qwik cash, liquor store, repeat, repeat, repeat ...

David Drake brings up a good point on his blog:
Make no mistake about it, this attack is the result of Obama telling his supporters to, "argue with neighbors, get in their face," his supporters are his "ambassadors."

Dave also states that there is no good side to this story. I have to disagree there. I'll take Monty Python's advice and try to find a bright side here. I guess the only good thing to come from this story is that a 20 yr old is working the phones for McCain.

UPDATE: IT'S A LIE!

Todd confessed to police that she was driving alone, looked in the mirror, saw her black eye and the "B" on her face, and didn't know how they got there. She assumed she could have done it herself, she said, and then she made up the story about the attacker.


Also:

Police suspect Todd's wounds were self-inflicted. She remained at police headquarters on Friday afternoon, because police "have concern for her well-being," Kraus said. He said officials are trying to determine whether she needs psychiatric evaluation.


Now don't I feel stupid? No. I'm not the one carving "B"s on my face. I would feel stupid then.

I still can't understand why the "B" was backwards. Even if you are looking in a mirror, you should still be able to tell if you are carving backwards. I mean, you are conditioned to craft a "B" a certain way all your life, right? I'll just chalk it up to her being mentally unstable and carry on.

Template provided by Webtalks