Saturday, November 8, 2008

Obama Apologizes to Nancy Reagan for Seance Comment

non heinous

From Fox News:

At a news conference in Chicago, Obama said he had spoken with all the living presidents as he prepares to take office in January. Then he smiled and said, "I didn't want to get into a Nancy Reagan thing about doing any seances."

Some of the right wing online community are trying to get worked up over this. Come on, really? Let's wait for him to do something truly offensive so as not to be accused of crying wolf too many times.

That isn't to say I won't be making fun of him:


President elect Barack Obama revealed his inexperience last night when, during a seance, he conjured a character from Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. His intended target was late President Abraham Lincoln.

Yeah, I know, pretty weak. I was going for pure silliness. I got the idea from the caption contest at The Gone Rick Motel. In the photo, Obama looks like he is trying to conjure something. Combine that with the seance story and it just seemed like the right thing to do.

Here is the original photo and my caption, before I tied the seance story with it:


Will somebody answer the damn phone? What time is it anyway?

Also, just for the heck of it, here is a scene from Bill and Ted. Enjoy:

Template provided by Webtalks