Thursday, November 20, 2008

Al Franken, Norm Coleman, Hanging Chad

good grief

Once again, I'm taking things off of Rachel Lucas's blog. I can't help myself. I get inspired. I have to say that it was nice to see her slowly come out of politics blogging retirement for her latest post. Granted, the post was more against stupidity than about politics, but aren't the two mutually exclusive more times than not?

The recount is underway in Minnesota and there is bickering over smudges and eraser marks reminisceint of hanging chads. sigh. If you are a Pittsburgh Steelers fan (and I see no reason why you wouldn't be) you will remember a certain Thanksgiving day coin toss involving Jerome Bettis a few years ago. He called Tails, the official said he called Heads, hillarity ensued. When you go to the tape there is a barely perceptable hhh sound before he called tails, so it was more like "Hh-Tails!", but come on! Anyway, the ballots are kind of like that.

Go over to Rachel's and look at some of the contested ballots. Between uninformed voters and immoral campaigns the American Election Process has become something beyond ridiculous.

Template provided by Webtalks